Every Man’s Survival Guide to Ballroom Dancing: Ace Your Wedding Dance and Keep Cool on a Cruise, at a Formal, and in Dance Classes: Learn more at Amazon or at Goodreads.
“Learn the basic principles common to all music, rhythm and dance, enabling you to walk onto any dance floor and perform an admirable dance, with any partner, to any music, with confidence and grace.
This book is for non-dancers, newbies and beginners. Part guerrilla manual and part cotillion handbook, this book is an insider’s guide to social dancing:
- Learn a foolproof method for hearing the beat of the music
- Learn to count music (they don’t teach that in dance classes)
- Learn the correct way to count step patterns (dance figures—the fancy moves)
- Learn dance rhythm: single, double and triple rhythm, the building blocks of all dances
- Learn three simple rhythm patterns (the pattern of weight changes) that will get you through any song
- Learn the basics of leading and following
- Learn slow dancing, survival dancing, surviving the wedding dance and how to fake a dance
- 17 easy exercises (most you can do without a partner)
- Free instructional video clips at ihatetodance.com
Whether you fear dance, can’t dance or hate to dance; or whether you’re rhythmically challenged or just new to dance; or whether you’ve finished dance classes more confused than when you started, this book has the tools a guy needs to know to make his partner happy.”
New Books Playground says: Every Man’s Survival Guide to Ballroom Dancing: Ace Your Wedding Dance and Keep Cool on a Cruise, at a Formal, and in Dance Classes is a very fine dance book! Continue reading…
Chasing Excellence: A Story About Building the World’s Fittest Athletes: Learn more at Amazon or at Goodreads.
“CrossFit trainer Ben Bergeron has helped build the world’s fittest athletes, but he’s not like other coaches. He believes that greatness is not for the elite few; that winning is a result, not a goal; and that character, not talent, is what makes a true champion. His powerful philosophy can help anyone excel at all aspects of life.
Using the dramatic competition between the top contenders at the 2016 Reebok CrossFit Games® as a background, Ben explores the step-by-step process of achieving excellence and the unique set of positive character traits necessary for leveling up to world-class. Continue reading…
Tao of Jeet Kune Do: Learn more at Amazon or at Goodreads.
“Compiled from Bruce Lee’s notes and essays and originally published in 1975, Tao of Jeet Kune Do is the best-selling martial arts book in the world. This iconic work explains the science and philosophy behind jeet kune do—the art Lee invented—and includes hundreds of Lee’s illustrations. Topics include Zen and enlightenment, kicking, striking, grappling, and footwork. With introductions by Linda Lee and editor Gilbert Johnson, Tao of Jeet Kune Do is essential reading for any practitioner and offers a brief glimpse into the mind of one of the world’s greatest martial artists.”
New Books Playground says: Tao of Jeet Kune Do is one of the best martial arts books we know. Continue reading…